Quantum2 XL is a complete Commentary Unit including 5 mic/line inputs and 4 headphone outputs. Additional sources to its embedded mixers are USB Audio, AES/EBU or AoIP/AES67 (DANTE or Ravenna optional) inputs.
Quantum2 XL is an all-in-one box solution for remote commentaries linking two bidirectional audio streams with four independent voices, sounds or mixed audios to the studio or Host Broadcast Center.
Perfect sounds are encoded using a choice of advanced and low delay compression algorithms for sport and music.
Highly reliable transmissions are achieved using Diversity and Bonded streams over a group of network interfaces (2x Ethernet, 2x LTE and Wi-Fi).
Additionally, a video downlink stream can be decoded internally and shown on a general purpose monitor, enriching the information supplied to the talents.
A video video uplink is also possible for the transmission of images from the commentators to the studio.
It also allows to insert audio into the received video and to forward a single synchronised video and audio stream to the studio.
- 5 x Mic/Line Audio Inputs available to be mixed, encoded and streamed in Stereo mode.
- Additional audio inputs: USB stereo, AES/EBU.
- Support Mpeg1/2 LayerII, AAC, apt-X, G711/G722, OPUS and PCM.
- Dante/AES67 or Ravenna/AES67 available.
- H.264 and H.265 Video Encoder for commentator’s camera.
- H.264 and H.265 Video Decoder for remote commentary scenarios.
- SRT protocol available.
- Streaming Video Forwarding with Audio Embedding.
- Inherits world-class IP technology from the Prodys Audio/Video codec family:
– Automatic Jitter buffer. This adjustable buffer avoids audio dropouts in the IP connection.
– Automatic synchronization adjustment with the transmitter site rate, to give a constant delay in IP communications.
– Prodys NAT Traversal Streaming Protocol permits router firewall pass-through with zero configuration.
– Prodys Real time Network Analyzer: to monitor critical network parameters in real time during the connection.
– FEC (Forward Error Correction). Up to 24 different schemes are available, to fit to the desired delay and available bandwidth.
– Error Concealment mechanisms on Mpeg audio modes are supported to reduce the impact of packet losses.
- Bonding or Diversity with up to 7 IP links for secure audio streaming and the best audio quality possible.
- 2 x Ethernet interfaces: Either to split streaming and control or for bonding/diversity with 2 IP links.
- 3G/4G IP data links with bonding capabilities. 2 x Internal modem or External 3G/4G module with 4 modems.
- Wi-Fi interface 802.11b/g/n compatible Bonding with Ethernet or 3G/4G.
- IP Compatibility: SIP/SDP/RTP/STUN protocols are supported according to the standard defined by the N/ACIP project within the EBU group.
- Local or remotely (TCP/IP) upgrading of one or several units at once using the same utility. Factory software upgrades can be downloaded.
- User friendly interface via touch panel, built-in Web Server or ProdysControlPlus application.
- User Access Control to define different access restrictions in a per user basis.
- Configuration presets to define different configurations for all or some specific parameters.
- Alarms: Real Time alarms management.
- Serial port to transmit/receive ancillary data along with the audio.
- GPIO port: 2 inputs/outputs. User configurable with multiple functions such as remote contact closures.
- Long duration battery with charge and status indications. It can be charged on system.
5 x Mic/Line Audio Inputs
- XLR connectors.
- Electronically balanced inputs.
- Independent Level Control (local or remote).
- 48V Phantom powered.
1 x AES/EBU Audio Input
- XLR connector.
1 x USB Stereo Audio Input/output
8 x Dante/Ravenna/ AES67 Audio Inputs (optional)
4 x Headphone stereo outputs
- 6,35 mm jack connectors.
- Independent Level Control.
- User configurable.
- Tx/Rx audio level balance control.
1 x Aux Stereo Audio output
- XLR connectors.
- User configurable.
8 x Dante/Ravenna/ AES67 Audio Outputs (optional)
- PCM (16,20 & 24 bits)
- G722, G711 A/μ Laws
- MPEG 1,2 Layer II
- Enhanced apt-X™
- MPEG AAC LC, LD, ELD & HE (optional)
- HDMI or SDI video input
- DVI video output
- H.264 & H.265 video encoding and decoding
- SRT, BRAVE, MPEGTS or RTMP video protocols
- 2 x Ethernet ports for bonding, diversity or splitting control and audio stream.
- 2 x RJ45, 10/100/1000BaseTx Ethernet connectors.
- TCP/UDP/IP, Unicast, Multicast & Multi-Unicast.
- DHCP, SNMP, DNS, SNTP, SMTP, HTTP, IGMP, ICMP, VLAN.
- SIP/SDP/RTP/STUN comprising Tech 3326 EBU N/ACIP standard.
- SIP Diversity with two IP interfaces according to Tech 3368 EBU N/ACIP standard.
- FEC as per RFC 2733.
- Error Concealment.
- Prodys NAT Traversal Streaming Protocol.
- Wi-Fi interface 802.11 b/g/n compatible.
- Available for bonding or diversity with Ethernet and/or 3G/4G.
- Streaming over 3G/4G networks with two options:
- 2 x Internal modems.
- External Communications Module. with up to 4 x 3G/4G SIM cards.
GPIO and RS232 Ports
- 2 x contact closure inputs and 2 x relay outputs.
- User configurable. Remote contact closures.
- 1 x serial port (DB9F connector).
- Tx and Rx of ancillary data along with the audio.
External Power Supply & Battery
- Input: 100-240VAC, 1.8A / Output: 19VDC, 3.42 A.
- Li-Pol battery pack (optional)
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 280 mm; Height 85 mm; Depth: 235 mm.
- Weight: 2,3 Kg.