Quantum MC is a 1U rack mount IP audio codec extending the Quantum product family.
Quantum MC is a Multi-Channel IP codec for bridging phase-locked 5.1 audio signals over Internet between two such devices. (This is 6 phase-locked mono audios).
Alternatively this product might be used for an efficient low delay bidirectional bridge of 6 voices/audios between two production sites.
Quantum MC fully supports IP (TCP and UDP). This enables remote monitoring/configuring and data/audio transportation over data communications links (LAN, WAN, 3G/4G, Internet…)
This unit can be controlled from its built-in web graphical interface, its front panel display menu, or from the ProdysControlPlus application.
- Available with up to six mono Audio Inputs/Outputs to be encoded and streamed.
- Supports PCM and apt-X for six audio channels comunications
- Supports Mpeg1/2 LayerII, AAC, apt-X, G711/G722, OPUS and PCM.for mono and stereo communications.
- Dante/AES67 or Ravenna/AES67 to provide an uncompressed digital audio interface in a single Ethernet cable.
- Inherits world-class IP technology from the Prodys Audio/Video codec family:
– Automatic Jitter buffer. This adjustable buffer avoids audio dropouts in the IP connection.
– Automatic synchronization adjustment with the transmitter site rate, to give a constant delay in IP communications.
– Prodys NAT Traversal Streaming Protocol permits router firewall pass-through with zero configuration.
– Prodys Real time Network Analyzer to monitor critical network parameters in real time during the connection.
– FEC (Forward Error Correction). Up to 24 different schemes are available, to fit to the desired delay and available bandwidth.
– Error Concealment mechanisms on Mpeg audio modes are supported to reduce the impact of packet losses.
- 2 x Ethernet interfaces: Either to split streaming and control or for bonding/diversity 2 IP links.
- User friendly interface via touch panel, built-in Web Server or ProdysControlPlus application.
- User Access Control to define different access restrictions in a per user basis.
- Configuration presets to define different configurations for all or some specific parameters.
- Alarms: Real Time alarms management.
- Serial port to transmit/receive ancillary data along with the audio.
- GPIO port: 7 inputs/outputs. User configurable with multiple functions such as remote contact closures.
- Local or remotely (TCP/IP) upgrading of one or several units at once using the same utility. Factory software upgrades can be downloaded.
- PCM (16,20 & 24 bits) (mn, st, 6ch)
- Enhanced apt-X™ (mn, st, 6ch)
- G722, G711 A/μ Laws (mn)
- MPEG 1,2 Layer II (mn, st)
- OPUS (mn, st)
- MPEG AAC LC, LD, ELD & HE (mn, st)
- 2 Ethernet ports for bonding, diversity or splitting control and stream.
- 10/100/1000BaseTx Ethernet, RJ45 connectors.
- TCP/UDP/IP, Multicast & Unicast.
- DHCP, SNMP, DNS, SNTP, SMTP, HTTP, IGMP, ICMP, VLAN (optional).
- FEC as per RFC 2733.
- Error Concealment.
- Prodys NAT Traversal Streaming Protocol.
GPIO and RS232 Ports
- 7 General Purpose Inputs/Outputs.
- User configurable. Remote contact closures.
- 1 serial port (DB9F connector).
- Tx and Rx of ancillary data along with the audio.
- 90 – 250VDC [@ 47-65Hz]. Power consumption less than 50W (average ~20W)
Dimensions & Weight
- 1U x 19” rack system: 43.4 x 482.5 x 295mm (H x W x D)
- Weigth : 3 Kg.